[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: colors and "breeders"

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdbeth@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:17:52 -0700

http://www.dogchannel.com/dogsinreview/purebred-dogs-and-public-relations.aspx

Does the Purebred Dog World Have a Death Wish?

On Aug 28, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Beth Andrews <gsdbeth@xxxxxxx> wrote:

We need to educate the public!!!!!!!! Not just our breed but all breeds. Get
out how to pick a breeder and a good dog. The general public is still clueless.
I see many "purebred", "registered" Multipoos, Puggles, Shihpoos etc. I just
groomed a purebred, AKC, registered liver parti colored Schnauzer with a curly
coat and cropped ears. Was told by the "breeder" it was a rare color. He paid
$2000. for the pup. Private party not a pet store.
Meet the Breed booths at major shows is a start. Unfortunately the general
public that attend are already aware of the difference between "breeders" and
Breeders. We need to get to the clueless general public. The All Breed KC's
need to do booths at street fairs and other venues that the general public
attends.

A more educated general public will be less likely to fall for the animal
rights nuts.

Beth and her working line GSD's in San Diego

Stormy V. Hope

http://showgsd.org/mail.html