[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: colors and "breeders"

  • From: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, gsdbeth@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:45:59 -0500

Thanks Stormy and Beth!   Great article Stormy.

Seems to me as a Parent Club we too are in a "weakened" state when we allow the
sales and phone calls from an uneducated Public or even the general public
dictate the decisions we make with our Standard and our Breed.   This is a sad
state of affairs.
All this time and energy should have been put into IMPROVING and promoting the
German Shepherd Dog and educating the public.
We have people stop us and admire our dogs every single time we take them out
in Public.....but with it comes the question about "hips"...and why some of the
dogs are 'sloping' in the back.... and then the comment that ours appear both
beautiful and strong.   I ALWAYS take the time to try to educate them and
hope it  helps for our Breed.  We all can try, and the Parent Club needs to
find easy ways to do that.   That is how we 'grow' the Club and keep our Breed
intact as it is.   We don't turn on ourselves and eat our own Standard!
The German Shepherd Dog IS THE BEST!   We need no change!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

http://showgsd.org/mail.html