[ SHOWGSD-L ] aol and web browsers

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:50:33 EST

I recommend that anyone who has AOL, should try using an external browser.
While the browser inside AOL seems convenient, using one externally is actually
more convenient in that buttons to go from the browser to the aol screen will
then be found in your taskbar at the bottom of the screen.  You can click
back and forth without having to move anything.  (You won't lose IMs behind the
browser screen.)
Most computers, if they have aol, will also have an icon on the desktop for
"Internet Explorer."  Once you log into aol and get online, just go back to
your desktop and double click that icon.  The browser screen that will open is
an
"external browser."  You can do the same if you have a Netscape browser
installed on your computer by double clicking the Netscape icon on your desktop.
Tom Langlitz

In a message dated 12/31/2004 1:27:25 PM Central Standard Time, TISHW@xxxxxxx
writes:
Well, I went up to my desktop computer and this time it came up so I could
vote.  However, it told me my vote had not counted since I had voted before.
That is really strange since I have not voted before.  Maybe I'll try under
Bob's name and see what happens.  VBG