[ SHOWGSD-L ] aol and web browsers

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:13:05 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2004 11:54:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Gsdman2@xxxxxxx writes:
I  recommend that anyone who has AOL, should try using an external browser.
While the browser inside AOL seems convenient, using one externally is
actually
more convenient in that buttons to go from the browser to the aol  screen
will
then be found in your taskbar at the bottom of the  screen.  You can click
back and forth without having to move  anything.  (You won't lose IMs behind
the
browser screen.)
Most  computers, if they have aol, will also have an icon on the desktop for
"Internet Explorer."  Once you log into aol and get online, just go  back to
your desktop and double click that icon.  The browser screen  that will open
is an
"external browser."  You can do the same if you  have a Netscape browser
installed on your computer by double clicking the  Netscape icon on your
desktop.

This might as well be in Greek.  I have read it three  times and still don't
understand it.  It is not unlike when I read the  standard.  What is a
taskbar, what is a browser,  what is an external  browser, what is Internet
Explorer,
what is an IM?  Other than that, it  makes perfect sense to me.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together