[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [amergsd] Pretty little ribbons

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:51:40 EST

In a message dated 1/11/2006 5:06:12 PM Mountain Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Interesting...basically, after 30 years and 18 champions, I still   need to
>put yarn on my puppies to tell them apart, and to refer to  them to  others.
>"Blue did not gain today, Pink is already  walking!" orange has diarrhea,
and
>violet opened her eyes  today". This info can all go into their record, and
their
>chart.  Non only yarn, but I am paranoid about the colors! Males are blues,

>greens, turquoises, and girls are pinks, reds, oranges, yellows...  purple
can
>swing either way. Their weight is easily tracked,  etc, and I CANNOT TELL
ALL
>LITTLE NEWBORNS APART!  I must  be really stupid.  Syd

Oh Syd, you sound just like me. Even when I take them in for their
well-puppy check, the vet techs know that that each health record will say
"pink" or
"red" or whatever. They've all fallen into the habit with me -- "How's  pink
doing?" etc. It makes it much easier to comment on all kinds of things and
when
we do the great puppy evaluation day, it is far easier for my fellow
evaluators to say "blue" rather than the black and tan male with the tiny white
 spot
on his foot, and for me to know which puppy they see taking nice  step.

Susan  Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German Shepherd  Rescue