[ SHOWGSD-L ] a visit from Barbar Amadon

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 20:01:32 -0700 (PDT)

Barbara called me on Thursday, "This is Barbara Amadon, I was wondering if your
club had any events planned for the next few weeks that I could attend.  I am
staying at my family's home in Morningside for a while and I wanted to get with
some dog people."

  Well, we do not at this moment have any plans.  So I asked her if she would
like to come over to my house for dinner Saturday.  She thanked me and accepted
the invitiation.  I gave her directions and planned to cook chicken, it is so
easy.  She called back to ask if I would take her to see turtles.  I was glad
to.

  So she showed up here about 3 pm, and we talked dogs, swapped stories about
dogs and many other things.  I spent a great deal of time on her sister's
kitchen floor in Pittsburgh when I was a kid, petting Helma of Waldasru (sp
sorry).  I learned very little but it fed my love for dogs and this great breed
of ours.  I walked past Amber's Regenia, she was not welcoming to strangers and
saw some of the other dogs that Jackie had at the time.  She told me about many
of her past dogs and brought pictures and her personal calendar with her
history in dogs on it, the highlights at least.

  We went out to see the tortuses, and she indeed took one.  He seemed nice, I
guess, pretty for his specices, my husband thought he had a nice topline.

  We had dinner, and my mom came over so they could talk about the old days.
Then Joey Perez-Gurri stopped by and he and Barbara had a great time, she knew
him when he was rather young.

  All in all it was a wonderful evening.  I was able to give her a place that
was not full of memories already and she was able to think about something else.

  She clearly is looking for a brief break from the usual, with dog people
thrown in here and there.  She has had a lot happen recently and the loss of
her husband has been a big blow to her.

  I have made it clear to her that I am close enough to be of service if she
wants to come visit again.  It was rather thrilling for her to tell me I may
have a very un-line bred pedigree but the dogs look much nicer than she
expected, both from what little she remembers of me, and what she thought she
knew about me.  At least I got structure, she said so, so it must be so.

  She also respected my decision to keep these dogs having bred them and to
take either a lot of time off, or not breed and show any more, given what my
darling dogs have been through.  I just need health and wider heads.   I agree.

  She will be in the Miami area for several weeks, I hope she will either visit
or invite me to Morningside soon.

  She sends best regards to one and all,
  sheila

Access, No Cost.