[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "a" stamp reponse, my last

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:15:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2007 9:02:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
dear  kathy, how many films have YOU sent to the SV?? 12 months is not the
issue  here.
my "a" normal 11 year old bitch was OFA good at 38 months. my  wienerau
bitch's grandmother was "a" noch zugelassen
oh that is just still  permissible you know, at 12 months and she was OFA
good at 35 months.
i  have sent in several films for prelims to ofa and certification to the SV,
 probably about 15 over the years and i had a "fast normal" bitch go
excellent  here so i don't think that translates to mild.

i don't feel a need to  continue nor defend either method. it just gets
annoying when people who have  not done it and have no clue read something on
the
net and become  experts.

susan

Susan, the problem with using a handful of dogs to formulate a response IMO
is that the information is (just) anecdotal.  I don't care if we're talking
OFA, A stamp, a dog's response to flea and tick control or a certain diet.
Experience with a  handful of dogs is just that; anecdotal.

Now, give me veterinary data using large studies of dogs and I'll consider
it. (That's why I provided the link for the chart to the list).

Your 15 experiences sending in films for A stamp designation over  the  years
or the two or three you keep citing or a dog you x-rayed at 12 months  still
being "good" at 35 months doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot (to me) in
comparison.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds