[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Your craziest Christmas gift?/OT

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:42:34 -0800

That was a GOOD one Sue!
It brought back memories of a Christmas years ago, when my husband and our 3
children lived on acreage in Livermore, CA.
I kept telling anyone who would listen I wanted a dishwasher for Christmas.
My husband always answered we have 3 of them. He was referring to the 3
kids, who rotated the evening chore of clearing the table, washing and
drying, which of course a included a sometime heated discussion of who's
turn etc.
About one week before Christmas I came home from an appointment and found
this huge box wrapped in kind of crazy paper in front of the Christmas tree.
No one would own up to how it got there, who it was for or what could
possibly be in it.
The next day when no one was home, I decided I would either give it a push
or turn it over or something, that is when I discovered it must be an empty
box or have something very small and light weight inside. It was totally
weightless.
The following week when I was vacuuming before Christmas Eve guests arrived
etc. I gave the big "empty " box a shove and it wouldn't move. It was
suddenly very heavy. Big mystery until Christmas morning when I discovered
the plot. Apparently an empty dishwasher box had been wrapped to cover the
expected delivery that arrived at the precise time I would be away on
Christmas Eve.
To make this dog related we all had more time to spend with the dogs,
because the kids weren't fussing over who's turn etc. and I nor my husband
no longer had to act as referee.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA