[ SHOWGSD-L ] Your craziest Christmas gift?

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSD-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:56:37 -0800

In our family, we decided to draw names this Christmas. Our oldest son Scott
got my name. Now, Scott is very conservative and is saving all his money to buy
his 3rd condo, currently being built. To facilitate that he has actually even
moved home cause he knows I won't charge him rent <g> Now THAT in itself is a
HUGE sacrifice!!
Anyway, He was at work when we drew names, so his sister drew for him.. getting
my name. My first response was "Terrific! he never buys gifts!!! (I said this
jokingly aimed at his penny-pinching ways, which I might add, he did NOT
inherit from me!!). unbeknownst to me, his sister relayed this comment to him.

Christmas morning came, and he presented me with his gift. It was beautifully
wrapped and ribboned. I tore off the paper and opened the box. Inside laid an
extremely COLORFUL (purple, orange, red, yellow, blue, violet) well worn
blouse. The kids were all watching me intently - waiting for my response. My
thought was "ok, this is NOT looking good" as this was very obviously purchased
at Value Village (a local thrift shop). Below that laid another blouse, not
quite so colorful, but equally worn. the third item was a hot pink, sleeveless
sundress. By this time, I was laughing so hard tears flowed and my sides hurt.
I do believe they got it all on video, but I haven't seen it yet.. "Cheap,
huh???" he said. We were all laughing so hard it was difficult to continue the
morning.

It seems his sister, my darling daughter, told him about my comment and he was
getting even. But, these items were not purchased.. no...He works at a local
hospital as a power engineer, and on his rounds of the extended care unit, he
has often noticed a rack of "donated clothing", thinking these were the ugliest
bunch of clothes he had ever seen - what perfect place to select his mother a
gift from??!! I told him that he would regret this.. the sundress I would
surely wear at his wedding.. of course, we still have to find him someone who
will take him LOL!!
(He did then give me a beautiful gold watch and a white down vest which I just
love). I often think back to that moment of opening that gift and will suddenly
burst out laughing. This is one Christmas I will not forget for a very, very
long time!!

Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com
Give your dogs the Ultimate in Nutritional Support with BiologicVet Nx
http://www.biologicnr.com/biologicvetnx/
Contact stormygsd@xxxxxxx for breeder program Information