[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: YAHOO the LOBBYIST is WORKING!

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <vharrington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:08:05 -0600

I hope those of you in Illinois who can afford to send a contribution to
IDOG (Illinois Dog Owners Group) have done so.  Illini GSDC sent a
contribution, and our members have been asked to do the same.

Even if you send a check for $5.00, every little bit helps.  Pity that it's
come to this.

Illinois Dog Owners Group

IDOG
P.O. Box 819
New Lenox, IL 60451

Valerie Harrington
vharrington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home of BIS Ch. Faithrock Caralon Sloop John B, OFA, TC

day all 11 hand written pages....Had I known all these other people other
than himself would see them I might have typed it up......

>   Senator Sullivan D from Quincy who is not on any of these bills read
the rewrite and pointed out immediately that an ANIMAL RIGHTS  group had to
have written the bill. He a big Sportsman so he went to Sen Kotowski ( who
is a really new senator and  the sponsor of the bill) and flat out told him
this bill will never pass as it is all AR.  Chuck says Sullivan  is very
strong in that part of the State with all the Dems. Sen Altoff of Crystal
Lake a Republican and a cosponsor said she will not support the bill and is
working with us to kill it.

>   Vet Med Assoc said they will not support crop and dock bill  as long as
the word torture is still included in the bill.  I had stated on day 1 the
word torture was exactly what HSUS wanted to get on the books so they could
then come back later and add debarking. Also the Ill Vet Med Assn  will not
support the Senate Bill per their letter from yesterday which was  sent
directly to HSUS local director and not to Sen Kotowski who supposedly
presented the bill.  Clear proof as to is trying to run the show in
Springfield..

>   House Chairman of the Committee (Rep Bob Rita of Crestwood) slated to
hear the Fritchey bill said there is no way he will hear that bill as is.
He  has now reiterated this sentiment  for the third time Hip Hip Hurry for
Bob Rita one of my local politicians who has a headache from my calls.
.Fritchey is off running for the Us House of Reps and not tending to
business in Springfield is the sentiment.

>    As Chuck says we have not won but we are way further ahead now than
two weeks ago. Legislators are now clear as to who has written the bill and
who they are -Animal Rightist that is now  no longer sitting well with the
large Sportsman caucus downstate in the legislature. Sullivan pointed to
the Agr Dept and told them if they wanted a new bill to write it
themselves.

>    Chuck early on predicted we would have help from that group of hunters
and sportsmen who are in the legislature.

>   Click below to send fax or get phone contact info for those Senators on
SB53.Don't rest call and fax often..Tomorrow the folks are back in their
district offices good day to make direct contact with them.
>   We can kill this, chop off the head not the tail that is our goal.
>   Rita

>     Full Text  Votes  View All Actions  Printer-Friendly Version
>

>   Short Description:  LICENSING - DOG BREEDER
>
>   Senate Sponsors
>   Sen. Dan Kotowski - Linda Holmes - Jacqueline Y. Collins, Ira I.
Silverstein, Terry Link, Heather Steans, Pamela J. Althoff, M. Maggie
Crotty, William Delgado, Kirk W. Dillard, David Koehler, Toi W. Hutchinson
and Dan Cronin