[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why it didn't work

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 10:58:10 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/23/2014 6:21:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Let me  ask a question then: Of the breeders who
remain, which have enough history  and knowledge to
be of lasting value and should be interviewed?
THIS  QUESTION TO EVAN AND EVERYONE ON THE LIST!

My original plan was to do these interviews at my expense, on my time,  and
for the benefit of the club.  When the GSDCA decided to do it, I just
backed off.

As to who is left, certainly Gloria and Cappy, Dave Rinke, Joan Fox,
Dorothy Lynn, Tom and Vivian Brown, Ken Downing, Carolyn Martello, Ralph
Roberts, Jerry Guzman, Ted Beckhrdt, Kathy Steen, Maryellen Kish, Jack Newton,
Fran Ford, Jane Kerner, Fred Migliori , Jimmy Moses, Daphne Hereford, and
Helen Fisher, (not to even mention the husbands and wives), are just a few
that
still would provide us great insight into the history of  our breed.
Having listed them, I realized how so many others I have  not mentioned, and
who
are equally important to our breed and our history, and  that is just
conformation since that is all I am aware of.  People like  Laurie Nickerson,
etc.
would also be there to interview, but I have never been  involved in other
parts of our sport, other than to get my AOEs.

That is a list off the top of my head. As soon as I did that, I  thought of
about ten more.  In a year, I do wonder how many of these great  resources
will be lost?  It is not something I want to think about.   Just listing
those incredible individuals is depressing that my idea never  came to
anything, and I will miss any one of them.

That is must like many of my ideas, however.

As I said before, I have given up the idea of doing the interviews and am
dedicated to promoting the Junior Handlers. Even there, I am getting little
support, but some have offered to help, and to form a committee.

NO COMMITTEES!

Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html