[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why Crufts Should Worry Us

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Da List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:38:49 -0700

Why Crufts Should Worry Us
http://dogknobit.com/2012/03/15/why-crufts-should-worry-us/

I've been following this intensely on my many chat lists and on a
couple of the British Facebook pages to learn more of the reactions of
the Brits.  It amazes me how easily they are allowing their freedoms
to be grasped from their hands :-(

This is bigger than DQ'ing some awarded BOB for what appears to be non-
existent flecks in the eye or a disputed haw size.  This is about a
woman who started a campaign against certain breeds of dogs (GSDs
included) and a nation's kennel club listening to her extreme examples
of breed types.  This is about having freedom of choice removed and
allowing dictates arising from other than breeders.

The ARs in North America have already gleefully pounced on how
breeders are ruining their dogs to the point of (get this word, it's
important) ABUSE.  Can you see a time coming that the ARs will start
lobbying to get breed standards imposed upon us?   I do.  A few weeks
after the first Pedigree Dogs Exposed came out, a conference was held
on Pedigree Dogs... Do you suppose that this was held to laud the
North American dogs?

On the Facebook pages, there are many who think having a health test
before entering a show is just fine.  A full body check.  Some of
these dogs were examined after the 'vet' test and found to have NO
health problems.  Do we get to the point where a vet can look at our
GSD and DQ it because the Vet has x-ray eyes and can see that the
angles of the dogs are unhealthy?

I'll leave it at that.

Stormy Hope
One GSD owner