[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who has done a kindness for you....

  • From: "Ruth Hartridge" <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>, "gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:17:37 -0500

DAWn, THere should be more people with your attitude ! YOU go girl !
 Where to start?? Being that I am a veritable newcommer to all of this, my
successes have been because of all the the amazing people who have supported
my dreams, listened to my complaints and silly questions at odd hours, sat
on the phone with me late into the night, whelped litters for me when I was
too terrified, guided my show selections and basically have been my "brain".
Some of these people were in the show world; old, dear and cherished
friends; some are new additions to my life, bringing fresh insight and lots
of laughs....some whom I have met I am sure will have great impact on my
life and have given me solace not only in my dog show efforts, but in my
personal life as well...and then some have since crossed over and are
watching over me from a better place, and smiling with each blue ribbon..
  Life is  precious...we need to cherish each day AND each other... and when
we close our eyes at night, hope that we left this world a better place
today than what we found it. Understand that tho we not all be on the same
page, we are all in the same universe. Support each other, encourage; dont
criticize...never miss the moment where you can revel in someones wide eyed
innocence..make room for people with dreams..sometimes its all they have.
Take time to listen to the people who have lived their years; they have so
much to teach and so very often need only to be listened TO. Become an
instrument of peace for it is in doing this simple act that we ourselves
will achieve peace.
 Each day, ask yourself..."Did it matter that I was here today...did I make
ONE PERSONS life better by a kind word or deed?" ...if you can answer yes to
those questions, then today has been truly well lived.
Dawn Restuccia