[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who has done a kindness for you....

  • From: "Ruth Hartridge" <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:12:33 -0500

Ileana, I have to second that motion on Bobbi Mc Mahon, I met her many years
ago now through someone else. Lucky Me She is now in her 70's and I love her
dearly , She is one of the most knowledgeable people ever on this breed and
she is always a friend and willing to mentor and help anyone truly
interested . I try to visit her any time I get to FLA (which isn't often )
She never has that attitude that I have found locally ,"of you know nothing
and w know it all. and decided that we don't like you and will blackball."
WOW..........what a great thread.....

In all honesty, I am afraid to mention anyone in particular because I am
afraid I will forget a name. So many people have been so good to us.  I can
honestly say that 99.9% of the people in the breed has always been nice to
us.
The rest, I cant remember them anymore.

Two people that remain in my thoughts are Bobbie McMahon. Thou no longer as
active as she used to be, and even thou many will not even think of her, to
us
 she was more than welcoming, she was a true friend. She still is.

The other one would hate to be mentioned by name. A truer friend I couldn't
hope for, we can fight, disagree, have heated arguments and still remain
friends.  Not only to me, but my family as well. He is more than a dog
friend, he
is a family friend.  You know who you are.  One thing we do  have in common,
he love GSD. That usually brings us back to reality....LOL

When it comes to people in the breed, my cup is always half full, never
half
empty.

Ileana