[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who Is that Dog???

  • From: "Barbara or DTA Amidon" <amidon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:21:10 GMT

I saw both Falko and Dolf..Felt Dolf was the better dog..Beautiful body type
and head..I bred my sable Cristl to him and sold the pick bitch to Hall Keyes
who finished her Champion Ambers Rona v Giflore..A lovely sable..I had some
gorgeous dark sables in the 60s,,The fellow who owned Dolf Jim Riley had me
come to his home and bred to Dolf myself without Jim being there what a sweet
sweet dog..Another litter mate went to Penna . She was a star and somehow got
lost at a show and was never found..She was better than Rona..Twins active in
the breed at the time cant recall their names..Barbara a walk back in time

www.amber-german-shepherds.com

From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:10 pm
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Who Is that Dog???
To: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> [...]

> From:
> Santanagsd19
> 54@xxxxxx
> Date:
> Tuesday,
> December 5,
> 2006 1:57 pm
> Subject: [
> SHOWGSD-L ]
> Who Is that
> Dog???
> To: Showgsd-
> l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Remininescing:
> Personally, I
> thought Falco
> was certainly
> >handsome
> >
> Shepherd...Ve
> ry good
> pigment. Not
> a Great
> Mover...He
> sired a son, I
> >had the
> chance
> >to Judge at
> the Long
> Island
> Specialty
> Show...calle
> Ch. Alco of
> >Klarbach..
> He
> >was a more
> beautiful type
> Shepherd
> standing, than
> his Sire....but
> >he lacked
> >front reach..
> >Actually, . I
> preferred Ch.
> Stormhaven's
> Dolf, the
> Bernd son, to
> >both of
> >them as he
> was a
> beautiful type
> standing and
> could MOVE!!!
> . I
> >also had the
> >pleasure of
> handling Dolf
> at a Specialty
> Show...He
> was Quite a
> >Special
> One!!!
> >Barb
> Williams
> >

> NORMA: y... Alco was a beautiful Shepherd...I stated that...I would
> have
> preferred more extension in the forequarter..
>  But.... We are not talking 'mediocre' dogs here...
> Do you recall my Winner's Dog??
>
> I disagree on Falco's producing ability based on his Genetics... I
> was never
> a fan of     Marko Gurkenland, his Maternal Grandsire...... Not
> enough male
> for me...
> As far as Dolf is concerned his dam coming off Harald Tigges, I
> thought
> Harald had a lot to offer and bred to him,
  and  I thought highly