[ SHOWGSD-L ] White flakey ear tip

  • From: "Gail BAUMAN" <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSDs" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:57:11 -0600

Started out as a small spot - I thought it could have been a bug bite so I left
it alone but it's been there for a long time so I investigated - the skin is
white and flakey, and where the skin is like this the hair pulls out with the
flakes around the root end.  I noticed it was one ear, but in looking at the
other one I see there is a very tiny spot there too - they are right on the
tips of the ears, along the edges - any idea what it might be and/or what to do
to treat it?  I'll be calling my vet tomorrow but wanted some input from the
list - thanks!