[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: clean dogs

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:49:03 -0800 (PST)

Many moon ago we lived in a neighborhood, much like the one I am in now.  A
bird's nest fell out of a tree at a neighbor's house.  They found cream colored
hair lining the nest.  They brought it to us to see if it was from our dogs.
We knew which dog it was from.

  When hair blows around it is used by others for nesting and bedding.  Arizona
nights are not warm all year round.  I am sure any hair that blows away will be
found by someone who needs a warm nest.
  sheila
Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I have a question.

  In Oregon I have a large kennel with plenty of grooming room. I bathe blow
dry and the hair never leaves my property.

  Here in AZ the neighbors are right next to you. What is proper grooming
etiquette here? If I use a high power blower I will have hair in their yard and
probably stuck to the side of their stucco house?   Folks in AZ how do you
handle this problem?

  Terry

Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/24/2007 7:06:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
What is your favorite way to wash dogs?

I have a full sized professional grooming tub w/ hot and cold water in my
unfinished basement. If it's warm, they then go outside to partially air dry
while I wash whoever is next in line, or if it's cold they are immediately
towel then blown dry. I always finish with blowing them out on the grooming
table.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

products.