[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where are all the Board members???

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 12:13:59 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/6/2011 8:22:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  suspect that this has to do with official communications, which have to
be
approved by the entire board. But Gail always encouraged us to be free to
speak and to share our opinions and to inform people when asked and to get
information flowing as soon as possible. Silence invites suspicion -
information may create discussion and disagreement, but tends to resolve
questions and to disarm suspicions. Problem is, I slept through all the
meetings so I had to make up the facts.
I believe from past history Tish was always very open and responsive with
info, but many on the current board don't seem to approve of that.
Unfortunately, as per the minutes, the motion was made by Frank and the vote on

either side was not recorded.  There were some abstentions, but it did  pass.
I would have liked to know who supported to curb the flow of info.  Other
than calling each board member individually I guess we won't  know.   Agree
with Dave, silence does invite suspicion, and sound info  curbs discourse.

Then there is  what STormy posted yesterday

As I posted when this thread first started, can you imagine the  hoopla
that would occur if this edict was passed in Congress or any  public
open meeting?  The media would have those who passed  thrown to the
lions.   That our board members can't give  their opinion in any forum
to which they wish appears to me just  wrong.  This motion was made
early Saturday morning.  Not  only are the board members not allow to
give their opinion on board  happenings, the opinions that ARE given
must be approved by the  Executive Committee.

I was upset about it then and am still upset about  it.

Personally  am still very upset myself with this decision.  I traveled to
board  meetings for 4 years partly because of a lack of flow of  info.   And
the president is not allowed to speak without the  info filtered through the
executive committee?????   This is certainly  censorship at its finest.
 So some non members hear what is going on in the club from a board
member.   Will the info breach national security???????   So  if you are
calling a
board member about the white issue or any other matter, ask  how they voted
and if yes, why the "little people" are treated like mushrooms.

Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, lifetime  member CKC
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the  light"