[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Whelping Problem? Update

  • From: "Dawn Bonome" <sheppiefan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zlrockenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 08:54:02 -0500

Don't they make the OLD FASHIONED thermometers anymore? Are the digital
thermometers better?

I am glad that your girl is o.k.!!

Dawn Bonome
From: "Rockenstein, Zoa L. " <zlrockenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Whelping Problem? Update
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 08:46:36 -0500
>I wrote a few days ago about my bitch Venus' temp being at 98 for 3 days
with no puppies. This became 5 days at 98 with no puppies. I want to thank
everyone who responded. Still no puppies, but I learned a lot, both from
horror stories of dead puppies/c-sections and from those who never take
tempsand just let nature take its course. I heard about bitches delivering
onthe 68-70th days with no problems. Advice ranged from take her in for a
c-section immediately to have a drink and relax. I decided that I needed to
know if the puppies were alive. A follow-up ultrasound yesterday confirmed
that all five had strong heartbeats. When the vet took her temp, it was
normal. He wondered if there was something wrong with my thermometer, a new
digital one. I wondered if the temp had spiked back up. It was 99 this
morning. We are on the 63rd day. She did some scratching in her bed at 2:30
this morning. She seems like something is going on. I have to go to work for
a coupl
>e of hours. It wouldn't surprise me if there were puppies when I get home.
Ithink everything is okay. The list is great. I felt like I had a lot of
veryknowledgeable and terrific people right here with me. Thanks Again! I
hope I get to meet some of you at the Midwest Futurity. Good luck to
everyonethis weekend!

>Now, in the words of the old song:
>
>"Venus, if you will...please send a little girl for me to thrill..."
>
>Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
>RiverRock

>POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original
theShowgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps.[1]

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2731??PS=47575