[ SHOWGSD-L ] What you see is some times not what you get.

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:06:39 EST

In a message dated 12/22/04 3:08:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
THEY ALL  HAD THE SAME PEDIGREE the
> other 5 couldn't produce there way out of a  wet paper bag.

On the other hand, to give one example, Ben and Dealer both earned ROM. I
understand Zeus and Zeto had the same number of champions.

It depends on the consistency of the pedigree, and not just that one  dog.
As was pointed out on the List, the German pedigrees are forced to be  more
open than we do.  We tend to breed to a point where we can depend on  what the
dogs will produce, and what we can and cannot get from a bitch. I can  spot a
Ben son or daughter easily. The same can be said for a number of our top
producing animals.  Line breeding is a good thing in order to secure the
future. An
out cross can be helpful, but does not give you the future  consistency of
producing that we want.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together