[ SHOWGSD-L ] What we can do - GSDCA message from Lew Bunch on AKC Dialogue

  • From: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gsdchablis@xxxxxxx, cbattaglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sharon Allbright <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, frank fasano <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gail Hardcastle <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rita Sandell <magic4sure@xxxxxxxxx>, CROSSTIMBR@xxxxxxx, greypines@xxxxxx, vonnassau@xxxxxxx, DKARLOFF@xxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, helengleasonus@xxxxxxxxx, Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, Carolyn <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, TISHW@xxxxxxx, pagairs@xxxxxxx, Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:38:52 -0700

 Inquestgsd@xxxxxxx[1] writes: "... I have a problem with any rushing in
disallowing our by laws. To begin
with, why do we want to set a precedent where we ignore OUR by-laws to deal
with ANY problem?"   Cyndy replies: I, too have a problem with the bylaws
being set aside, and I don't understand how the board could consider the
"advice" the AKC person gave Lew as "permission".  This person is not legal
counsel, and all the attorneys, past presidents who have been through this
orsimilar bylaw issues, and parliamentarians in our organization are
screaming "DON'T DO IT"!   And the reason Lew cites -the confusing
instructions, is a non-issue. Regardless if you crossed off the barcode or
the name on the back of the ballot, or put it in another envelope and mailed
it - they would all still result in delivery.   My fear is that at this
pointpeople are holding onto their ballots. I have emailed Bill and Lew to
ask what is being done to communicate to the members who do not have email,
and have not received a response.   Perhaps it is time to start calling your
fellow club members and encouraging them to send their ballots in!   And
those in Canada - if you haven't received a ballot, insist that one is
FedExed to you. They can only count one per person anyway...no one will be
allowed to vote twice. And when you return it, FedEx it back!     THEN next
year, we need to come up with ways to avoid the whole mess.   Cyndy
--- Links ---
   1 mailto:Inquestgsd@xxxxxxx