[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ballots, Bios and Bungling.........

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Acara1997@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:20:04 -0700 (PDT)

Randy Darnell writes:

  The only common denominator that appears to be responsible for the process is
the Corresponding Secretary! Letâ??s strive for results not excuses!

  Care to explain this statement?...My the Corresponding secretary wheels a ton
of power and control.

  Terry

Acara1997@xxxxxxx wrote:

Ballots, Bios and Bungling!
While I am not ready to indict the entire Board for this yearâ??s problem with
the election, it does however smack of familiarity from past years. Missing
bios, poorly edited bios, late ballots, no ballots, returned ballots, ballots
received by corresponding secretary in lieu of election official, Canadian
ballots, mailing issues, counting issues, etc., etc., are all reoccurring
issues over the past three administrations. Whose area of responsibility/work
description is it to ensure the procedure of the election process? How many
times will this seemingly simple but consequential process get bungled-up
before it is fixed! To date, I have heard a considerable amount of excuse
building and nonsensical statements absolving the responsibility for the latest
edition of election debacle, 2007! The only common denominator that appears to
be responsible for the process is the Corresponding Secretary! Letâ??s strive
for results not excuses!
However, with that being said, a statistical analysis would be helpful to
determine if a problem even exists before we take on the task of redoing the
entire election. For example, upon counting all the ballots received and
comparing it to the average number of ballots received over the past five or
ten
years, would provide a helpful baseline and reveal any deviation from the
average. If there is little or/no deviation observed, no problem! Moreover, if
deviation does exist but the margins of victory by the candidates exceed the
disparity, there is still no problem as it would not change the outcome of
the election! Obliviously if great disparity is noted, a contingency plan is
in order. I am confident that we have some very bright and capable members on
our Board that are working toward a fair and feasible solution for all.
Best of luck to all the candidates!
Regards,
Randy Darnell
Acara