[ SHOWGSD-L ] We live in interesting times

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 18:05:24 EDT

Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:

The  difference is that now you know more  about it than used to be  true.
It used to be
that these were done in  secret, and that  the members often did not know
what happened.

I was pleased to hear from Margy, she has taken the brunt of the blame for
what others had done.  I still don't know what my club spent to defend
against Mr. Hunte. I know they hired some people and an attorney, (not that
attorneys aren't people), and no one was ever told what it cost. That is our
money they spent.

I was told that the president then, Lew Bunch, who I have always admired
was restricted from ever being elected to our presidency as part of the
settlement with Mr. Hunte.  I don't know if that is true or not, since we,  the
GSDCA members were never shown the settlement agreement.

I have also been told that money was borrowed from our treasury by a member
 of the board, and done without board approval.  I was also told it was
paid  back.

I don't know if any of that is true, no one other than board members  was
allowed to read the settlement agreement with Hunte, entered into by  our
club.  I am working on finding out if there is any prooof of the other  issues,
and a few of those running for the board have promised to look into  those
allegations.

I guess the complaint by Margy and the letter by Joan was sent out to
inform the membership of what was done to Margy and Joan, and to stop us from
electing those individuals again without knowing the claims. I didn't get a
copy  of the complaint, maybe that is a compliment to me.

I do remember the situation, and while I was amazed at how secret it was, I
 am still surprised that we were never given the information.  This is
information or lack of information that we should all consider when we vote,
and  hope those we elect have more respect for us, the little people.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/