[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Watermelon

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:41:04 -0500

Bloomer loves butterscothes. When he was younger and a wild thing I had a few
spills off of him and he would take off running and bucking as fast as he
could. All you needed to have was a butterscotch wrapper in your pocket for
saftey...just pull it out hold it up and crinkle the wrapper. He would be
standing in front of you in about 2 seconds! He was such a devil in his younger
days but once he got to about 10 he got some brains. Every kid got to win
something on him. We swept the year end awards in each division he was in. The
kids and I were loaded down with prizes. It was great to see the smiles on
those little faces. He would even listen to the ring announcer, so he was a
shoe in for the kids who got a bit nervous and would forget what to do in the
ring. He was also a great mount for the older 1st timers. There was a man
nearing 70 who learned to ride on him and we took him to the county fair and
let him show him. He won the every class he was in. The guy was thrilled. He is
now just a spoiled pasture ornament. He is a big brat now he loves to be hugged
and kissed but if he sees a saddle he is GONE in a FLASH! LOL!
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html