[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHY? Be careful what you ask for

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:47:08 -0700 (PDT)

Good Post!!!
TC

________________________________
From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx; ELG440@xxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, April 5, 2010 3:47:04 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] WHY? Be careful what you ask for

Why ask those who are not entering??    Why not talk to the ones that ARE
supporting
the Futurities and the Nationals and the Specialty Shows???
Change things to please everyone else that is not coming and you will lose
those that do!
People are not entering Futurities and Dog Shows like they used to in general.
Just ask A.K.C. and the C.K.C.!!!!
The price on Futurity Nominations are a bargain ...as are the entry fees
compared to most
shows. They are always held in conjunction with good Specialty shows......They
are a bonus.
They have good judges for all of us ....... and if we don't like one we can go
to another Futurity
in conjunction with other shows.    SOOOOoooooo  exactly WHAT is the problem??
What is the single biggest consistent complaint about Futurities??    EH??
We all know......why don't we talk about it......??    It is NOT anything the
Parent Club can fix and
we have to quit beating them,  or our Futurity Chairs up, asking for overhauls
of the Futurity system.
<G>
TWO things in my opnion.  It's only an opinion after all.......so no public
hangings please.
..........<G>..........
1.  WHOMEVER wins BIF or BIM....or BOF or BOM .......GOES TO THE NATIONAL to
compete
    for the big win!    You get the big win......you get the cover of the
Review and probably.... possibly
    Breeder Of The Year Award.
    SERIOUSLY.....call it a "Match"  or "Breeders Showcase"  all you
want.......it is big and seems
    very prestigious    Apparently almost right up there with Grand Victor or
Grand Victrix.......
      Resulting in..............TA DA!!!!!!!!!!
2.  HUGE HANDLING FEES......... for a chance at the big dance!    Priced like a
Mini National.    <G>
    Word is out you can't win without one.  Many of us can't afford one even
though we need them.
    So, we all just go quietly into the night.    This is the little secret no
one wants to talk about........

Sure.......entries are down.    Does that mean WE as exhibitors and breeders
have committed some
grave sin CAUSING this?    Does the whole Futurity system needs to be
over-hauled??  NAH.......or
does it mean our Breed is falling apart and the quality is down and German
venues are taking over
and everyone is moving to All Breeds or other Breeds??    NAH..........
Some of us are  'a tad'  older.......kids and Grandkids are grown....but now
many dealing with just small
retirement income and S.S.    Younger people are in College and or starting new
families and trying to
buy homes.  Dog shows are not as appealing to the Public....partly because of
the huge PR against
Breeders and dogs shows with the AR's.    The economy.....the times...and most
of all.......ta da.......
bottom line..........the EXPENSE!!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx To: ELG440@xxxxxxx ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:
Monday, April 05, 2010 11:59 AMSubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Be careful what you
ask for
maybe those who no longer enter or attend are EXACTLY the ones we should be
asking.  the answer to "why have you stopped exhibiting/attending?" could  be
very revealing and just might help in figuring out how to address this
problem. jmo,diane      Diane  Silver-Strasser

ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:  If you  didn't enter, why  complain?

Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.