[ SHOWGSD-L ] WEEPING WILLOW UPDATE

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:54:24 -0500

Hello Everyone
Weeping Willow 2nd Chance GS Sanctuary is well on its way to becoming a
reality.  The property is ours, we have had an attorney donate her time for
working on our incorporation and 501c3 papers, we have had a donation to cover
the costs of filing all our papers, the web site is almost complete, Val
Harrington has spent an enormous amount of time on our logo and brochures and
they are ordered and the cost has been donated, bank account is set up, pay pal
will be working March 1 when the new internet service is installed in the
sanctuary.  We can still take donations.  We had a wonderful article written by
Sherry Nolan in the Review.  We have a volunteer keeping a log of all dogs we
are working on and the disposition of the dogs.  Two volunteers have offered to
take charge of applications, home visits, coordinating transports and working
with the public throughout the country, our Petfinder site is up and running.
I know fundraising is being handled for the Triangle Shows in February so look
for our presence there:-).  Fundraising is scheduled for some local summer
specialty shows, and we have a volunteer who is going to try to set up a
"charity bike run" this summer for seniors at Weeping Willow .

More later on the actual renovation of the building which will require some
major fundraising.  Estimates are being gathered now for retrofitting the
ceiling, plumbing, and electrical before the kennels can be constructed.
Hopefully we can get some contractor donations for materials.  Plans are being
drawn up for a small "welcome/meet and greet" lobby as you enter the building
but partitioned off from the kennel area.  Thank you for all you do for these
seniors....this is a major work in progress :-)

If you decide to make a donation for "renovation" please put it on your check
which can be made out to Weeping Willow and mailed to me at my "still home"
address of 521 Cornell Dr. Aliquippa PA 15001

There are many GSD people to thank and acknowledge.  I will do this as our
sanctuary progresses.

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE DOGS!

Pat Lukos and Vicki Burkey

Weeping Willow 2nd Chance