[ SHOWGSD-L ] WDA members please read

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: AA GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:03:03 +0000 (UTC)

Please read and PERMISSION GRANTED to pass this along to anyone else who might
be interested.  Just make sure you leave my name on it!!!!!

Itâ??s a crying shame what is going on in WDA!!   If you are a WDA member or
GSDCA member this affects us all!

The team that represents the United States in the World Trial is made up of
five members and one alternate.   Since both USA and WDA are currently
recognized, both put forth three members on the team with one teamâ??s 3 rd
member acting as alternate each year. Note: USA pays ALL expenses on their
folks so all we have to do is sponsor three plus a team captain â?? FOUR
people.     This is the WUSV World Championships and we should be fielding
the BEST people in this country.

This year, as in years past, the WDA qualification trials were held and the top
three competitors were chosen.   Good people, good dogs, seasoned competitors.
  We were ready to have a team we could be proud of to represent the GSDCA and
WDA.   Since the qualification trial, we have LOST TWO of the top three people
in the WDA due to money.

What is happening when an organization developed by the GSDCA specifically to
support working dogs [WORKING DOG ASSOCIATION] cannot support the best in this
country?????

This year the GSDCA donated four thousand dollars ($4000) to the team.   At
least another thousand ($1000) was donated.   That leaves the WDA to hopefully
make up the shortfall.   The ticket is around $800 plus another $1000 to fly
the dog round trip to Germany .   That means the GSDCA has donated enough
money to fly two of the team plus enough for two hotel rooms for two nights,
and donations should cover the balance of the hotel rooms for the entire team,
leaving the balance - two tickets plus one dog, and miscellaneous expenses -
for WDA to pick up.   At the last WDA board meeting they voted to donate $3000
to cover the balance.

However, I have already heard from the surviving member of the WDA team that he
is having trouble getting funding to purchase his ticket to Germany .   He was
told that â??if you donâ??t show up the WDA would be out the money.â??    The
only time in 17 years this person didnâ??t show up, due to an injury to his dog
on the way to the airport, he refunded the entire ticket price to WDA without
question.   So not only is his honesty being called in to question but, since
we have lost two of the top three qualifiers, we are no longer sending the best
team we can field to the World Trial.

WHERE IS WDA MONEY GOING if it is not available to send the team?????   What
is going on with this organization???   We are a working dog group but it
appears that German style conformation has become more important than the
sport this organization was founded to support.

We have not had a financial disclosure in a couple of years.   As WDA members
we should be demanding not only full disclosure but that the WDA do the thing
for which it was formed â?? send the team to the World Trial.    The WDA
should be purchasing tickets, providing funds to cover dog tickets and paying
for all hotels and normal expenses associated with the World Trial.  I'm sure
there are travel agents in the organization who would be willing to book
flights, ewhicles and hotel rooms.  These folks represent US and should be
fully funded for the three positions we send.

Suzanne Kinman