[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WAIT!

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:56:18 -0700

OK.......yeah......lets beat up the current board AND  those running.     Make
them run faster!
Give them some agony of de feet......<G>
(  probably half are All Breed people .......and half Specialty people anyway )

Let's see......
It's Summer....you're in OREGON at the Cabin aren't you!!   Probably coming off
your
beautiful mountain for classes made you cranky!   <G>    I KNOW you have a lot
of All Breeds
up there.....AND a couple of Board members you can chase around.to keep busy.
You're good.....<G>
See you in Kansas  ( is that considered "another'  Western national??   )

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com
  From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx;
SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011
10:22 PM  Subject: Re: WAIT!  why don't they advertise

  Wait, wait.......wait.........you can only blame so much on
  "Specialty" people!?

  I don't think Lissa meant that the difference between Specialty
  exhibitors and All Breed Exhibitors
  are the reason shows are failing? Lissa was speaking of
  advertising in the Review.
  But....If you really look....a lot of the dogs are shown in both venues
  that are in the Review!
  I remember when Liz Oster bragged on THIS List.....and we were
  all thrilled when Oscar won
  BEST IN SHOW!! He's a high Select
  Specialty dog in the ring and in producing.
  Out here in the West.... and I know in the East and in the South
  there are a LOT of people that show in both
  venues! Out here there is a whole group that works HARD to get
  big entries at All Breeds and often the
  Specialty people enter to help try to get them up to majors.
  I love it
  when someone like Lissa has a GSD that wins herding titles and shows in All
  Breeds also....so
  the visiting public that visits these shows can see a real working
  dog.
  We personally put Herding titles on our dogs and we DO stick mainly
  with Specialty shows and definitely
  prefer that venue. BUT we finished our first Grand Victor
  at a big All Breed show and our solid black
  Grand Victrix at an All Breed show...........gasp!!!
  <G> ( GSD judges )
  I don't see any reason for any 'fight' here....as All Breeds have a HUGE
  PART in ANY Breed and there is
  a definite need for BOTH.....they are merely CHOICES! Not
  war zones.
  It it were not for All Breeds....most of the general Public would never see
  a GSD show dog as that is where
  the public goes to watch. They are much better P.R.
  than our Specialty shows for drawing onlookers!
  But I also believe when you lose your Specialty people.....in ANY
  Breed.....you lose your Breed.
  Lets be kind to each other and not blame one group and their choices over
  another .....for failed entries

  From: Terry  Cochran To: SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  >Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: why don't they  advertise
  >

  >And there boys and girls is why we are loosing entries in the specialty
ring. Maybe, just maybe, we aren't so
  > special after all.Terry
  >
  >From: "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx"  <SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx>
  >
  >The last time I advertised in the Review it was a two page color ad with
full pedigree of an at that time
  >AKC Champion who had a Herding Started title. She did go on to get her AKC
Herding Advanced title
  >and a Champion in a different conformation venue. All by the age of six.
(She got her Intermediate title
  >one month after she finished her AKC conformation champion and had  numerous
titles from other herding venues.)

  >I have no intention of
    getting into the specialty vs all breed fight. But I chose the all
    breeds for the reason
  > that the emphasis in all breeds is more generally compatible with  the
other things I do with dogs.

  >The Review welcomes all ads, the
    Board welcomes all ads. But honestly, When I hear people on these
  >lists go on and on about the superiority of the specialty dog why should  I
bother?

  >I finally said, have it your way, you win, I will take my
    marbles elsewhere. I have been around for a long time,
  >imagine what new people say.Lissa

  Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in any post.