[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Von Willebrand's disease Canto von der Wienerau

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:55:59 -0800

Were Hein and Axel or even Troll proven to be known carriers???

A dog can be from particular lines and yet not be a carrier
of specific problems running in those lines.
Most American lines go back to all of those dogs more than
a few times....and yet this particular problem is not typically
known to be a problem here.
Like Debbie we had all of our dogs tested a few years ago
through someone doing research on vWD through UCDavis and
none of our dogs were affected nor carriers....Nor do I know
of any American dogs known to be affected with this particular
disease.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com