[ SHOWGSD-L ] Volunteers needed!!!! RESCUE UPDATE

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 04:57:01 -0700 (PDT)

Last Hope Safe Haven has grown SO fast! We find ourselves in need of a
volunteer to help with the correlating process of linking potential adopters to
possible rescues as well as making call backs for both adopters and owner turn
ins.
The Adoption Coordinator's time requirements can be as little as a few minutes
a day to an hour or so...it is NOT horrendously time consuming; but when added
to the workload of running a national organization, we fear that people will
fall through the cracks! One of the biggest complaints I have heard is a lack
of communication between the Rescues and the inquiring public. At this time
LHSH has been able to return all calls within 24 to 48 hours and we pride
ourselves on our promptness; it builds a basis of trust. However, with the
number of dogs that we are moving, the PR campaigns that we are working on, the
administrative work, the establishment of the Sanctuary and other "Safe Havens,
and cooperating with AGSRA  and all that goes with this, we find ourselves
running on overload.
We could also use the expertise of a Transport Coordinator. While we have used
paid transports in the past, we are finding many of them now landing on the "do
not transport" lists. Transports can usually be put together on a volunteer
basis with the coordinator assimilating a "Run Sheet" and posting it on the
rescue sites. Though this IS more time consuming, it is NOT an everyday
occurrence.
This requires some level of experience with a computer and a knowledge of
geography and major arteries. Volunteer transports save us as much as 150$ per
dog!
SOOO....if you would like to donate some time and energy in assisting us in
changing the face of Rescue as we know it; PLEASE contact us at
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so that we can find a place where YOUR special gifts
can be realized!
We now have commitments for FOUR paddocks at Last Hope ! Lynda Workman is
taking the journey to Julies next week in order to assist her in the set up
that is necessary for elderly dogs! Mikey is already there; he is awaiting a
dog house for his new digs! Mary, the other senior who was to be making this
journey, found a FOREVER HOME! Bertha, the senior from Atlanta arrived there
yesterday, along with Danielle and Maggie, thanks to Barb Hefner!!!  Please
consider donating for a "Comfort Package" for a senior dog! This would include
a bowl, bucket, collar and leash as well as toys and a box of his/her favorite
biscuits! The cost of one of these packages is 50$. Or perhaps you might wish
to donate  a Karunda styke dog bed for 75$ which will make life alot nicer for
a needy dog.
We are also offering a "Sanctuary Much" program...this is to adopt a senior at
Last Hope by making a monthly donation in his/her name to offset the sometimes
extensive medical care and special diet they often require.
Alot of information to digest so early in the morning; I know. Again...without
the cooperation of the administrators of this list, none of this would have
been possible. Your dedication to our breed is beyond reproach.190 dogs
collectively say "THANK YOU"..."you have given us another chance at the life we
SHOULD have had all along"....
The Members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx