[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Vestibular disease?

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:12:33 EDT

Hi Sally

I had one girl with this, she was 11 years old and she started the day with
 throwing up some foods and then all of the sudden she could not get up,
lost her  balance you know, kind of like a fish out of water.  I rushed her to
 emergency and noticed her eyes were darting back and forth quite fast....
I  thought it was a stroke also but they said it was vestibular disease.
All  they did was give her meclazine sp?) for the dizziness and nauzia... she
improved each day but kept a head tilt for a very long time but eventually
it  did go away, I kept her on the meclazine the rest of her life and she
lived to  be 14....

Good luck.
Deb

In a message dated 8/12/2009 11:44:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:

Need  some help - just had a lady with a 12 1/2 yr old from me who the  vet
diagnosed as having a stroke. Sounds like Vestibular disease to me(hope  I
have this named correctly)  I know some of you have had dogs with it  and
have had it treated successfully -  please let me know how the  diagnosis
was
made and what the treatment  was

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.org

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org