[ SHOWGSD-L ] Update on Rescue...and an EMERGENCY!!!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 04:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Listers:
I recieved this missive with photos yesterday...the WGSD was a walking
skeleton..
These are the situations that I pray our cash pool will be able to assist.
There is no time to waste...This came from Murphy McConnel of Brightstar GSD
rescue.
"These poor dogs were placed in runs with pitts from a dog fighting ring, with
one bowl of food among them.  Several were left FOR DAYS LAYING LIFELESS AND
BLEED ON THE COLD CEMENT.  Echo took the White, we took two of the sheps?more
dogs to come, but the vetting expenses are killing both rescues?"

The donation money is comming in and  I have had several people offer to do
monthly donations! The goal is to raise at least 1,000$ within the next 30
days. We now have $280, so we are almost half way there already!!!  I will be
speaking with Diane Roberts who has graciously volunteered to do our
bookeeping/accounting about how to handle this. We have had volunteers who will
hold Paypal debit cards that are attached to this account. I will be posting
names when I have the final head count. My goal is to have at least 5 or 6
people throughout various areas of the country. That way, we can cover more
ground as those people will be networking to find transport/fosters/vet care or
boarding.

For those of you who might be willing to transport even a leg of a journey
(usually an hour to an hour and a half), PLEASE contact me so that we can have
a base to work from.

Anyone willing to hold, foster or otherwise assist in a physical pull, PLEASE
let me know! You are invaluable...as the money grows, I hope we can purchase
kenneling for those of you who might WANT to foster, but have no place to put
another dog! Iza Kabuska has GENEROUSLY donated kennels!!!! We need a flatbed
truck to pick them up and get them to Lisa Urban in NJ for storage, or if there
is anyone out there with yard space to hold them PLEASE PLEASE contact either
myself, Iza, or Lisa at lrthrasher@xxxxxxxx Lets not let these kennels slip
thru our fingers folks! This is a VERY GENEROUS offer! As you ALL know, kennel
panels are EXTREMELY costly! Having somewhere to put a dog can mean the
difference between life and death!!! I know that Terri Steinbecker who rescued
Boone said that if she had more kennels, she would be happy to foster! She is
in GEORGIA, which seems to have a serious problem at this time.

Please say a prayer for the GSDs that Murphy is working with..and for all those
who we might not find in time as they cross over to the Rainbow Bridge.
Thank you to all those who have donated so far....your contributions are saving
lives...one life at a time.
For the animals, I remain....
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas