[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hotspots

  • From: PamJB1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 05:51:39 EDT

Though this may have been brought up before, this is the first time I've  had
a dog with it. What is the best way to treat these? My oldest dog (almost
10) has one on her back leg at about the knee. I was told to use Gold Bond
medicated powder, which I am using. The dog isn't able to lick it, but how many

times a day should it be applied. I'm currently doing three, but it is still
moist. It's been about three days now. I've clipped back the hair, and clean it
 regularly.
Any good insights, and how long should it take to heal?
Thank you for any advise.
Pam and the pack.