[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Undershot bite 11 week old puppy

  • From: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: CMILL189@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:16:25 EDT

I would be looking at the bloodlines.  What occured in the past with the
littermates of the sire and dam?  Generally, from my experience, the bite
should
be normal at this age or even a little overshot.  The lower jaw grows
differently and slower.  Thus the overshot puppy would probably have a normal
bite at
6-7 months of age.  I have never had an undershot bite.  Since you have said
that the bite was undershot at 7 weeks of age and is still undershot at 11 wks,
it doesn't look promising for correction.
JMO,

Mary

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new
AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour