[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Undershot bite 11 week old puppy

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:23:05 EDT

   I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to help this morning
with my decision on what to do with the male puppy that has an undershot bite
from 7 weeks till now 11 weeks. This list is so wonderful I had so many great
decision. I have never had a puppy in 25 years with an undershot bite at this
early
age I too would have had no problem with an over bite at this age.
   My very first experience in 25 years with an undershot bite happened about
three years ago. I purchased a gorgeous male puppy. He won WD at 6 months and
herding group puppy. He was truly the star I had been looking for with a
perfect bite since 7 weeks old. After a short show career from about 6 months
to 8
months winning Best puppies and points I put him away to mature. When he was
about 12 months I took him out And His bite was undershot. I was so
devastated. I kept him till 19 months old and no change to his bite, it was
definitely
undershot. An awesome home came along looking for an older male puppy and I
sadly placed him to live a great life!!
   After reading all of the replies this morning there were about 50% with
experiences where the bite corrected and 50% did not correct or went level. So
knowing about Miller's Law (luck) It was a tough decision but I sold the puppy.
   The new family came this morning at 10am I put the 2 males in a pen
together I dragged it out till 11:30 and watched the interaction between the
family
and the puppies as we discussed puppy issues. Ted has been waiting for a GSD
for a very long time. They are dog people Have had Great Danes and Boxers. It
was his birthday present. Right from the start when they met the pups the first
time I knew he fell for this big male puppy, but would have been happy with
either choice. Well, after buying time for almost 2 hours I told them this big
guy was his puppy and placed the pup in his arms. Or my gosh what I was not
expecting was such a heartwarming moment. It was unbelievable. What a great pup
they have and what an awesome home he is going to, to be their star and sleep
on their bed. (I showed them the underbite to be sure that they knew.) Ted's
wife pulled me aside later and said, Cindy, I have never seen my husband love
and hold a puppy like that before. Too Cool
 I will be keeping track of this puppy so that I will have the info that I
need if I ever breed any of his littermates. He was not the Pick puppy He was
the 2nd pick male that I was going to grow out for awhile. So no matter what
happens with his bite I am so happy with his placement!!
  Everyone that replied so fast this morning and even the later ones this
afternoon, Thanks for taking the time to help It really did help to make the
decision. And I will let everyone know in a year what happens to Kaiser's
bite!!
Take Care and Have a great weekend.
 Cindy Miller MillerTime Shepherds

 Get