[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: UNITED... vs BAD Bills.

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:59:39 -0800

Helen, that is the ideal.  If there is a good strong state federation, then
that federation could work with all the states under a National org. like NAIA,
or one similar,  when it came for times like PAWS or now, PUPS.  There are many
occasions when a good strong overall encompassing national group is valuable.
DC needs watchdogging, too.  And there are times when the state federations
need more help, more power.
Carolyn, as I am, is in California, where for years the only organization was
an almost extinct Federation.  It had no members, no treasury and the
officers... well, anyway.  So when AB1634 popped up, the ego groups started,
this federation started back up, a couple more groups started in NOrthern CA
and they all wanted to be THE group. I am now counting 6 distinct groups who
want to be statewide, with members and a treasury..  won't work!   It was DARN
lucky that there was enough common sense to pull it together to get the nation
and al the clubs and individuals and outside groups to join in and fight AB1634
down to a standstill.  So with that in mind, I know there are great Federations
and groups in other states.  We, as usual LOL, can't judge other states by the
California example.

And as you said, it has to be ALL animals, joining with other groups like Farm
Bureau, Rodeo, Circuses and even Agribusinesses, With that sort of power, we
outnumber HSUS and can put them back in their own little house and lock the
door.

On Feb 21, 2009, at 11:43:09 AM, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx wrote:

If we had just one huge powerful Organization that worked within ALL the States
 I have a question.?? Don't most states have an organization that represents
all breeds of dogs ,that is the watchdog and worker for ALL the breeds .Ours
happens to be (MPDBA)  Minnesota Purebred Dog Breeders Assoc, which several of
us formed 50 yrs ago. This is an organization that promotes,protects,and
educates. But there have been times in the past that we hired a lobbyist to  go
to bat for  all animals( horse ,cats etc.) and once the organization becomes
aware of up coming legislation ,like now, they go to work again.. They advise
all of our dog clubs of the problem and what is being done  . Money  is raised
by dues,and State Fair participation for 10  days. We have about 14 All breed
clubs in MN( started out with three,and about 30 Specialty Clubs( started with
5),and we carry a comfortable cushion in the treasury. In my younger days,when
we first put this together,I went on TV,radio,and before our House and
Senate,as did many of our members. It is still going strong and the 10- day
State Fair is particularly successful. Helen Miller Fisher

--
Stormy Hope
carpoc.org