[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toxic Gut Syndrome SIGNS/SYMPTOMS

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 15:38:31 -0400

WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx writes "... its same thing with hips and elbows, just because
a dog has its A stamp or
OFA and passes doesn't mean shit for genetics.. "

Are you basing this claim upon scientific evidence or upon anecdotal evidence.
If the former, I would appreciate you posting links to some of your sources.
If the latter, how large of a population did you study?  Did you do a
horizontal analysis of pedigrees or strictly a vertical analysis?

I consider the OFA to be an excellent tool;  the breeder may garner useful
information which should be employed when making current and future breeding
choices.

PaulETTE McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam