[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thoughts to Ponder

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:56:55 EDT

All breeds vs Specialties............maybe we should spend more energy into
making these 2 work than the amount of energy that is spent fighting them
against each other.

Got a couple of dogs that are not quite ready for the points, but need the
training? Have a friend, a junior, or yourself handle these dogs.  They get
the experience, you save some money, the dogs have fun and WOW, is that
camaraderie in the making?  Imagine that............

Handlers.........gota love the bunch, they always end up paying for
everything..........LOL
If they charge too much, pay your bill and then get another handler. It
truly is that simple.  No more GSD handlers available?   Really???   Branch out.

Judges?  If they SUCK dont enter under them again. If people were to  really
do that, you will find the good judges judging more, and you will find  more
people entering the shows as the perception of fairness returns to the  ring.
Oh, and dont be a sore loser.  It is possible someone elses dog  was better
that day. <G>

Election year, bad economy, yes these are culprits, but our breed  exhibitors
seem to be more affected than others.  I see huge entries  in other
breeds........and the owners still live in the US of A.    Could it be US is
the
problem???

I remember classes of 20+ dogs in the 80's........and now we rejoice  at
shows of 17 entries???  Reality check, the clubs can NOT survive  this trend.

We do need to bring more new people in the breed.  Think about that  when you
are selling those puppies.
Do you welcome or dread the phone calls from these new owners?  The
performance clubs are thriving, but we are fighting for survival in the
conformation
arena.

Food for thought.

JMO