[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoarders

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

When I applied for a kennel license in my township, there were many neighbors
who came forward at the town meeting with stories exactly like this.  Thanks to
other people's irresponsibility, I was given a temporary 5yr kennel license
(limit of 10 dogs), with a long list of rules.  If I was not in compliance, the
license would be taken away, no vote needed.  After the 5 years were up, with
no complaints, I was given a "permanent license" for my address, until I no
longer live here.  At that time, the conditional use permit would be void, and
the next owners would have to go through the same application process.   It is
very difficult to get a yes vote from any town board in my county, because of
all the problems and complaints they seem to generate.  I own an 8 acre hobby
farm, zoned AG2, allowing cows, chicken, pigs, up to 5 horses, among other
types of animals, but only 2 dogs!!!  That's right, 2 dogs!  For more than 2
dogs, you
 must have a conditional use permit, voted on by the Town Board.  Who else do
you blame but irresponsible past dog owners for these ridiculous rules?
 Hopefully, we've proven that there ARE responsibile dog owners/breeders, and
the next owners do not have as much trouble as we did.

Gina
 ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T,CD,CGC
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May,TT
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T