[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thoughts on the "Review"

  • From: Barb Hahn <ccceditor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:16:04 -0800 (PST)

Barbara raises some, IMHO, valid and interesting
points.

Web pages are not static nor were they ever meant to
be. The virtue of having one's own website is instant
updating so information regarding puppies, latest
wins, new additions to the kennel can be available to
those who are interested, potential puppy buyers or
just surfing.

When those who are successful in the breed fail to
advertise their successful dogs in the Review which is
the archival document of GSDCA those dogs will be lost
forever. It is not mandatory for clubs to submit
specialty results to the Review and even when the
results are published complete information about the
dog is not provided.

I suspect that 10 years from now someone new to the
breed will be saying I can't find any information
about ________________. The breeder is no longer
breeding so there is no website and there aren't any
ads in the Review for him. I sure wonder what he
looked like.

Barb Hahn

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250