[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thoughts on the "Review"

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:26:56 -0500

Hi:  After seeing how much discussion I've been reading about the
"Review" on the List, I got to thinking and came up with these
thoughts.  Yes, modern technology being what it is, affords us the
advantage of looking things up on the internet to check out breeders web
sites and show wins.  However, not everyone advertises on the GSDC of
America web-site page.  Many people list their kennel web-sites on the
"List".  Let me tell you all of this is time consuming to look up
everyone's web-pages and read their ads.  This is a long process.  The
good thing about the "Review" is that everything in in one place.  No
having to look up people's web-pages and go searching for other's as
well.  Everything is in one spot.  I can pick up the "Review" time and
time again to look at an ad.  It's something I can keep for a long time
and use as a reference.  Going through everyone's ad on the "List" is
very helpful, but OMG, it takes forever.  The "Review" shows me what I
need, when I need it.  It let's me know when someone has something to
advertise, without me having to search for it myself.  It's all right
there.  I've always loved receiving the "Review" when Jane was editor
and now the great work that Gail does.  Believe me, I know how hard it
is to be an editor of a magazine.  When I stopped showing dogs, I
published my own magazine (non dog related), and the work was
outrageous.  I also used to be the editor of the GSDC of Greater New
Haven and the Taconic GSDC newsletters.  Trying to find the material to
put into these publications month after month and to keep it interesting
is hard work.  So I hope everyone continues to support the "Review".  I
used to call it my dog bible.  It's still a great place to
advertise......it's convenient and always handy without having to look
everybody up on the internet.  Once I see their ad in the "Review", then
I can follow it up on their web-page.  Best regards,  Barbara Galasso