[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thoughts in the morning.

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>, "'blackhawkfarms214'" <blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:11:32 -0700

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY on this.  That is just ONE of the reasons
I began to complain about this issue on white DQ being lifted!
The Board should never have brought this to a vote since NO ONE
claims to have asked for this....and ye there are MANY MANY
CRIES FOR HELP with all this poor Legislation, poor Public
Relations for this Breed, and some puppy mills that SHOULD be
shut down, National made more simple to attend, now adding more
long coat classes, Amateur Futurity changes, etc.  We are put
in the position of focusing on THIS for now!  It IS important!
That was NOT OUR CHOICE!!
Those that want to draw our attention to poor Legislation seem
to always say they could "care less"  what colors are in the
ring representing the German Shepherd Dog.  say what??
CARE!  It's your Breed...your Breed Standard.  Lifting these
faults could bring more "fault" breeders.  There is an Ad in
our local paper right now for "rare" white GSD...$500.00.
I am really really sorry some could 'care less'.
This IS consuming our time and the ballot because we do care
that the DQ on white being lifted and other colors and coats
being even more acceptable only weakens our Standard.
Talk to the Board about putting us in this position!!
It certainly was not our choice!!
Now we have some FOR the white DQ being lifted telling us to
"leave"...and quit talking about it.  Those for whites and
long coats keep using the mantra "we all have a right to vote".
YET we have never had one person for this tell us how this
vote or action WILL ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE BREED!
It's a very simple and valid question.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com