[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The word is official - AKC takes neutral position on CA...

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:18:08 EDT

THAT one, I can answer, Kathy.   plus a few more :-)
Sharon sent a letter from GSDCA and GSDCA is listed on the opposition on the
most recent analyses.   There is a story about how the missing 400+ got
included in the anlsyses but it's too convoluted to write about, right now.

Also, CDOC did put out a post and letter stating they are still in oppostion.
  They do support some aspects of the bill,   (microchipping), but their
final word was OPPOSE.   www.cdoca.org

The comments you made about slippery slope, the fact that the ARs and
Mancuso's handlers will use AKC's switch to neutral to exclaim that AKC is o.k.
with
the bill is right on.   Actually, we did that when CVMA switch from support to
Nuetral last year. WE were ecstatic.   Don't you think the ARs aren't?

The bill is still a really, really bad bill.   It still is a mandatory S/N
bill, it mandates microchipping state wide, it mandates mandatory s/n state
wide, it costs money that California can't afford.

As far as AKC is concerned, I hope we don't get distracted from writing
senators, informing all your friends, club members, clients, etc., etc about
how
important it is to get their phonecalls, faxes and personal contacts in to the
senators.

We still have a list of over 800 clubs organizations who OBJECT to this bill.
  Let's remind the legislature how many people that means.

Thanks for listening

Stormy
In a message dated 8/15/08 8:01:24 PM, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> What is our PC's position on this, as I would like to see the LETTER OF
> OPPOSITION from our parent club because they must be one of the
> organizations in opposition.   If someone is able to send this to us all,
> please do, as I have never seen it.  But I am sure it must exist..I probably
> missed it.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007
 )