[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The sound of Coyotes, again

  • From: Sbarrbellisle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:40:00 EST

I understand coyotes can pose a danger at times, but us humans, unfortunately
have invaded their territory with housing developments in what once may have
been a totally agricultural community.  In Central, NY we also have a coyote
problem. It has been so bad that families have lost cats and small dogs, which
is mostly what they prey on, animals that do not pose a threat to their
survival.   Most of us have learned to coexist with them.  It is a shame at
times
that the wild animal of days gone by, is being severely punished, for just
trying to survive the only way they know how.  Never have been domesticated or
bred, as we do our dogs, and I love my dogs and worry about them also, but
these
have always been a wild animal and will always continue to be; until we many
decades down the road, drive another species of wild animal to extinction.
I am all for catch, relocate and release, not kill and destroy.
Sue