[ SHOWGSD-L ] The World's Worst Dog

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:39:58 -0500

I just got finished reading an excerpt in a magazine from a book called
"Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog".  The author
called this dog an 98 lb tornado that gleefully crashed through their
lives with destructive force, shredding pillows, gouging walls, and
punching our screens as he went.  They tried obedience school and
discipline and nothing worked.  Seemed "Marley" had a mind of his own.
Everyday for him was a new adventure of mischievous behavior.  After the
authors wife had their second child, she told him "Marley" had to go,
because he had just ripped open the couch.  It appears it was around
Christmas time that this latest assault took place and it made them stop
and think that they always thought the greatest gift a parent could give
a child was a dog.  It reminded them about family and those that they
loved and how you accept those that you love with their flaws and all.
Long story short.......Marley stayed until they had to call the vet to
come to their house to put their 13 year old dog to sleep to relieve him
from the pain of his tortured body of bad hips, loss of hearing and worn
down teeth.  (I guess from all the years of chewing and ripping
everything apart..........my thoughts.........not the authors).   He
said that the dog had clearly showed them the value  we all need to
prosper:  loyalty, optimism, and unwavering devotion......the gift of
unconditional love.

Anyway.......it got me to thinking about our own "worst dog" stories
that we could tell.  Anyone care to share your "dogs from hell"
stories.  Please post it to the List as well as to me because I always
get people asking me about what other people wrote to me.  So I don't
have to try to condense your stories, do share it with the list.  I
think it could be fun reading.  Thanks for sharing.  Barbara Galasso