[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Tea Party at the GSDCA

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:48:16 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/6/11 7:26:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TISHW@xxxxxxx
writes:

We   have not raised dues since 1996 or  1997.  I'm sure all of you   have
seen your own household expenses rise  during the last 14-15   years. Our
Review costs us about $170,000 or more a  year to
publish.

I don't know why this sounds so much like what we were going through in
California.  We had to cut spending AND raise taxes since costs went up so
much.

Then we just heard the same thing from the leaders in the United  States
government, we had to cut spending, and we have to raise revenues, since
costs were so high.

Now the GSDCA.

That does not make it untrue.  But if we are losing money on our
activities, cut the spending, cut the expenses, and in the end, cut the
programs. It
is not like our government where we are talking about Social  Secuirty, our
military or MediCare.  No one is going to starve or go  without medical
care if we don't have dinner at the National, or stop paying for  rosettes.
Nor will be be taken over by the Taliban.  Well, maybe  Schutzhund USa.

I appreciate how hard our board works. But, with the continued losses,
let's look at what can be done.  A smaller board, a less expensive  National, a
volunteer Review as we used to have, (I remember Lois and I noted  that Liz
puts out twice the pages each year with the Red Book for about 1/4  of the
costs, ie. Red Book vs. Review).  The Red Book does not cost us  anything
for the workers.  Thank you Liz.

If we are loosing so much money, before we increase dues, (taxes) or cut
services, (alternate month Reviews), someone has to stop the madness and rein
in  the spending.

I don't see where the money is going to come from for with all the  great
plans for 2013.  I love what they want to give to us, I am excited  about the
great celebration, but I don't want to reach further into my  pockets.  I
do pay my dues every year, and I do contribute more when  requested.  I do
free wills for everyone who will give to the club, and I  know others do even
more.

We the little people donated all the trophies this year for the national.
Our own personal phone bills are up, our electric costs have doubled in
some areas, gas is twice what it was a couple of years ago, the cost of flying
dogs in three times what I paid last year, motels are up, cell phones,
computer  services and food are increased as well.

The GSDCA has to understand the we, the little people, depend on our
management to cut spending, not raise taxes, (I mean dues).   And, we  have the
right to ask, what more have we now than we had in 1966 or 1967?

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together