[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Ranch Report - post BVKC Allbreed Show

  • From: TerraNorte@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:54:44 EDT

Well, its done -- the Buckhorn Valley Kennel Club all-breed show and
obedience/rally trial is done for another year. We invited a few of our friends
 and
fellow dog show addicts to join us this past weekend to do dog stuff at the
Ranch - Larimer County Fairgrounds (AKA the site of the 2007 GSDCA Nationals).

It was a warm weekend (in the high 90's), but the buildings were climate
controlled and Mother Nature had a mild breeze blowing to make things  more
comfortable. We had an entry of over 1500 dogs and their accompanying human
owners, handlers, and fans.

We had 85 overnight parking reservations and had  more show up impromptu
making our weekend village around 100. Although  there was another large event
going on relatively close to the fairgrounds  - I did not receive any
complaints
about lack of hotel accommodations.

The staff at the Ranch were more than attentive and bent over backwards to
accommodate our needs and wishes.

We asked exhibitors and spectators to please fill out evaluations -  letting
us know their true feelings about the new show site (The Ranch versus  The
Oval on the CSU campus where we have held our show for nearly 40  years). While
you cannot please everyone - of the 100's of  evaluations filled out, 93% of
them were rated in the 90% positive  area. Dog show people really liked the
fairgrounds!

Our dog show was spread out across three buildings (The Budweiser  Events
Center, First National Bank Exhibition Building and the McKee Building)
whereas
the GSDCA national will all be under one roof (The Ranchway Indoor Arena  and
Pavilions). I expect that my fellow GSD exhibitors will find this brand  new
facility very much to their liking.

If you have any questions about the facility or area - I would  be happy to
be of assistance.

~ Val Manning, BVKC Show Chair
   Rancho Terra Norte'
   Wellington, CO