[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Patriots and their crazy owner

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

I remember his commercials.  He seemed to love the camera.  Too bad he was not
into dogs, he could have been good for the breed.
  sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/29/07 6:33:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Didn't he own one of the first electric shaver companies?

I went to work with Victor Kiam, when he bought the Benrus Watch Company.
He had sold Playtex, and then bought Wells, a jewelry company, and I
transferred to Wells and R. Blackington, a sterling silver company. After I
left the
company, in less than a year he put it into bankruptcy, and bought
Remington. He did his own commercials, and he always wanted to be a movie star.

Vic bought the New England Patriots and was forced to sell it after the
insisted woman reporters would nto be allowed into the locker room.

Victor and his son were the number two rated amateur rated tennis players in
the country at one time. When Vic came to Los Angeles he always insisted I
meet with him and Bobby Riggs at the Polo Lounge. I just wanted to go work,
but he wanted to play.

That was when we were first getting into dogs, and Victor never understood
the attraction. He and I had an interesting relationship. Not always friendly,
even though he owned the company. But, since I was always the top salesman,
he put up with me.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

http://mail.yahoo.com