[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: One of those posts that I hate to write....RESCUE...

  • From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>, "gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:13:27 -0700

I have to tell everyone this short story.
I was at a match on Sunday with my puppy and I met a lady who wandered over
to the GSD booth (it was a meet the breed space)
She told us that her Husband was in NM overnight and in the morning a
flat-bed truck was leaving the parking lot with a crate on it.  He shouted
to them that the crate was not tied down and they replied it was OK because
they were going to dump her somewhere in the Desert anyway, unless he wanted
her.
He took the GSD bitch.  She had apparently been in the crate for a very long
time. She was a bag of bones and sweet as can be.  He cleaned her up, got
some weight on her and did find her a forever home.  I have thought of her
every day and hope she is OK.
Some people don't deserve to share this world with the dogs.
Carol