[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Passing of Rin Tin Tin/ dog names

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, "GSD Showlist" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:02:00 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:25 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] The Passing of Rin Tin Tin

 In 1954 I walked into the
> kennel at Fairmont Park in Riverside with Lee Duncan, and walked out
> with my first GSD, Heidi (What else can you name your first GSD?). I
> was just 15 years old, but that event was better than getting my
> drivers license. >>>>>>>>

Dave, You have me beat by 10 years. Our first was 1964. With lines back to
San Miguel's Baron of Afbor(it's been so long, did I spell that right?) and
Alert of Mi-Noah.
We also thought he to should have a name appropriate to his German heritage
and named him Baron von Eshom(corny, I know). No show dog(no testicles) but
3 years later after completing both a CD and CDX on him we were been bitten
by the show bug.
We bought a GV Yoncalla's Mike daughter, in 1967 and she became our first
Champion and our foundation bitch.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA.